Thursday, February 07, 2008

Someone's been reading something?

My partner and I are planning to get married sometime soonish. We've been using email and Facebook to let friends know. So far so non-blogworthy, but today I went to Amazon.com, logged in, and, to my surprise found - instead of the usual recommendations for dry political science texts - adverts for rings!

Possibly pure coincidence, but I wonder whether someone (Facebook probably) has been on-selling my data. They certainly don't promise not to in their terms and conditions.

4 comments:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Wooo! I didn't know that. Clearly way behind on gossip.

And I wouldn't be surprised about Facebook. The Internet is evil like that.

Terence said...

...and welcome to you - to the secret CGA bloggers network. coolest network on the entire floor...

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Ah yes, but now my blog is revealed I may no longer bitch about work.

Terence said...

Not at all. Why do you think we have a secret handshake? We're a proper secret society. Your identity is safe. (In other words I won't tell and my blog doesn't exactly have a huge readership...)