Sunday, July 01, 2007

Irrepressibile Info

.
With my hat tipping towards binary heart I've added Amnesty International's Irrepressible Info campaign to my side bar. Slightly worried as I can't actually read the much of the info I'm irrepressing (French not that good, Arabic worse) but I like idea. And I hate the idea that there are countries out there that still restrict people's free speech and right to information.

Of course with the vast numbers of visitors that this site gets, my signing up doesn't mean anything in practice, but it feels good to do something.

[Update: and on the subject of the repression of information, I've just finished reading this article in the New York Review of books which chronicles further depressing steps in the steady erosion of press and civil society freedoms in Russia.]

No comments: