Saturday, February 11, 2006

The Hardest Part of an Already Hard Job

.
I’ve never envied police officers; it always seemed to me that their job must be an incredibly difficult one. And it always seemed to me that, a particularly hard part of an already tough job must be when they have to pass on news of a death to next of kin. God only knows I would dread doing this. But I also thought that perhaps police officers got used to this, or that they were trained in a way that made it easier. However, I’ve just read this post, written by a detective, and it turns out that I was wrong: for that particular detective at least the task is every bit as hard as I’d originally guessed.

Have a read.

Also worth a read is this post about crime against immigrants.

1 comment:

PaedsRN said...

Hi! Just to let you know that LAANTA has been added to a new repository of NZ blog links housed at longwhitecloud.org.nz.

Cheers,

Rich.